Fleur Delacour (Harry Potter)
Hello, everyone, and welcome to the ‘Character Spotlight’ section of Climbing Inside books, and today the character that I think is one of the most understood and underappreciated is Fleur Delacour from the Harry Potter series. Fleur first appears in the Goblet of Fire as the champion for the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic in the Triwizard tournament.
But what makes Fleur so awesome as a character?
- She loves Bill, many people (namely Ginny and Molly) believe that she only marries Bill because he’s handsome. However during the battle at the end of the Half-Blood prince he is badly scarred, and despite this she still marries him.
- When she first starts dating Bill, she gets a job and tries hard to improve her English, but she still had to deal with Mrs Weasly, Ginny and Hermione who were incredibly against her and had clearly stereotyped her as a dumb blonde.
- She risks her life when she Polyjuiced herself into Harry at the beginning of the Battle of Hogwarts.
- She also takes in the trio, Luna and Griphook and she and Bill made their home a safe place for them.
Things people forget about Fleur Delacour:
- She fought alongside the Order in the Battle of Hogwarts.
- She loved Bill unconditionally.
- She really loved her sister- in the second task the person she cares about most is her younger sister. This shows that she is fiercely protective of her loved ones especially when we see how pleased she is when Harry saves her sister.
- She worked for Gringotts.
- She’s also pretty talented especially at charms, in the first task she used a sleeping enchantment and the Aguamenti charm and in the second task she used a bubble head charm.
- She cared about Harry as a person.
- She never forgot that Harry saved her sister during the second task.
And so here are just a few of reasons why Fleur Delacour is awesome, and more people need to recognise her awesomeness and the important part she plays in the series especially in the latter books.